Address1201 Main StreetSuite 1000ColumbiaSC 29201USA
Jeff Kehler, Program Manager of ARTS
The Department of Insurance is committed to making South Carolina the onshore domicile of choice.
Development of our captive industry continues to be a major focus of our department and we have already made amazing strides. Our department has a well-staffed and highly-skilled alternative risk division dedicated to servicing the special needs of captives. We have committed the resources and the expertise required to make us the most competitive captive domicile in the country.
Our progressive, business-friendly regulatory environment remains our strongest asset and South Carolina has one of the best insurance regulatory environments in the Southeast. Therefore, we recognize that competition is a vital component of any insurance regulatory process. We are committed to eliminating unnecessary, duplicative and burdensome requirements while focusing on sound and sensible regulation.
Leslie Jones, Deputy Director
Market, Actuarial and Alternative Risk Transfer Services
Related South Carolina Department of Insurance news storiesSouth Carolina welcomes 17 new captives
- 19 January 2017 Atlas Insurance secures SC captive licence
- 08 September 2016 South Carolina hits 300 licensed captives
- 31 May 2016 NAIC to tackle cybersecurity in 2015
- 02 February 2015 End of the line for First Keystone RRG
- 03 November 2014 Cayman-based insurer takes Advantage of new SC laws
- 17 September 2014 SC names Branum director of captives
- 14 October 2013 Builders Insurance adds two to its board
- 17 September 2013 A.M. Best withdraws RRG ratings following termination
- 18 July 2013 New SC legislation is progressing nicely
- 07 June 2013
Related South Carolina Department of Insurance featuresThere are currently no related features for South Carolina Department of Insurance.
Related South Carolina Department of Insurance interviewsThere are currently no related interviews for South Carolina Department of Insurance.